Posted: 2017-10-13 10:53
But I 8767 m in this for the long haul. I want to eventually marry my soldier and he is my world. I will not see him again until January when his Basic and his AIT is finished. But I will wait. My car is now decked out in Army logos and I 8767 ve written on my car windows that I 8767 m a proud Army Girlfriend. I 8767 m proud of my soldier and I tell him that in every letter. I joined this site because no one I know understands how hard this is. I 8767 m thankful for the support!
We clearly understand that singles working in the uniformed services are incredibly busy, and regular dating does not always fit into their lifestyle. Online dating is what works perfectly for uniformed personnel. Working on the site, we wanted to help uniformed singles find the time and opportunity to meet new people. We developed a simple and easy-to-use functionality for messaging, allowing you to browse profiles and communicate with your matches, without being tied to any specific place.
~Be understanding. understand why he has to do certain things sometimes and cannot make time for you I 8767 ve learned that the Army comes first and I come second. Be understanding when he talks to you and he 8767 s being short and not very talkative like usual keep in mind that he has a lot on his plate and people are expecting and depending on him to complete certain tasks and it can be very very very stressful but
remember he doesn 8767 t mean it and its nothing towards you.
9. Be cool with his friends. If your man is ready to introduce you to the guys in his unit and/or regiment, it 8767 s a big step. Men who are stationed together are often closer than brothers. So if you get the big invite to meet them, treat it as though you were meeting his family. Dress to impress. Be polite and respectful. Don 8767 t cling to your man like a backpack, and don 8767 t emasculate him in front of his guys. Don 8767 t drink to much, don 8767 t discuss politics or religion. And most of all, be friendly. Your man 8767 s showing you off to some of the most important people in his life do him proud. This served me well. Making friends with the guys who serve with my boyfriend made Army gatherings twice the fun. Bonus: Meeting their girlfriends and wives provided me with a whole new support group.
Welcome to DLT Trading, your foremost stop for engraved knives and high quality cutlery from around the world. DLT is the preeminent source for knife enthusiasts to find the best quality blades and personalized knives for any use: hunting, bushcraft, cooking, survival and of course gift giving. Whether you are a seasoned collector with a huge collection or just learning the basics of what makes a great knife, we invite you to browse our selection of the best knives money can buy all delivered to you with world class service.
Many have been provided pictures, copies of military identification cards, even videos. First, pictures can be grabbed from anywhere on the internet there 8767 s no guarantee you 8767 re talking to that person. They may very well be using the picture of a real soldier but that doesn 8767 t mean you 8767 re talking to him. Some of these scumbags are using the pictures of soldiers who were killed in action to run their scams. It 8767 s sick.
submitted by Sharquarius
Hey my name is Sharquarius. I 8767 m 75 years old. My fiancée and I have been
together since I was 66. This June will make 5 years we have been together.
As soon as I turned 68, we got a place together. He was 7 years older and had already finished school. He was always there to help me when I needed him. We were real and little did we know that all the hill we had to come over would lead us to the love that we share to day.
66. He has a child that is dying or needs surgery (or some other medical emergency) and he needs the money to pay for it. All military dependents are covered by Tricare, which for the most part is amazing insurance. I had a c-section and was in the hospital in a private room for three days. Know how much I paid? $67. Real soldiers aren 8767 t paying out of pocket for their kid 8767 s medical care.
7. He says he needs you to pay for his R& R leave because the Army doesn 8767 t pay for it. This is absolutely false! A real soldier will not request money to travel home as he doesn 8767 t need it! The Army pays for all travel to and from a war zone. This includes emergency travel like the death of a loved one. It 8767 s not like you just book your own flight home from Afghanistan on Delta.
We spent the two weeks of his winter leave together, half here and half in chilly MN with his parents, then I visited him in the spring and he spent the 7 weeks of his summer leave here with me (his family flew in as he will not see them again until after his upcoming deployment). As things currently stand, we are quite serious about each other and talk daily when possible typically no problem unless he has any field trainings. He deploys in several weeks and I won 8767 t see him again until after. We get along well, we are both the introverts of our families, we communicate well and always listen to each other respectfully, and much to his surprise we have never even argued (I 8767 ve never been dramatic or a yeller to begin with). We plan together, coordinate, advise, support, and talk sense into each other when needed. I think he feels that, for the first time in a long time, I am not some girl who is with him for her own purposes I take his feelings/health/attitude/schedule/desires/needs into account. Heck, I get onto him about making sure to eat vegetables! We look out for each other.
is the top military dating, penpals and social networking website for the UK armed forces. Supporting soldiers deployed in Afghanistan, Iraq and all over the world, our primary aim is to boost the morale of serving members of the army, navy and RAF at home and abroad and to actively engage the civilian population with those bravely fighting on our behalf.
I have been chatting with a female soldier who was in Afghanistan up until 7 weeks ago when she was discharged and now she is in Arkansas with a sister. The pictures she sent me are of a Sgt Vanessa Ximenez who is real. She also has a website as Gabby Ximenez which is real. I don 8767 t think the person I am chatting with is her. She sent me a copy of her Afghanistan special forces ID card. It shows her as a Sgt but an E-6 instead of an E- has a new I phone and I have asked her to call me and she avoids the question. How can I find out if she is the real Vanessa Ximenez?
8. Don 8767 t ask for the details. Soldiers have stories. A lot of them are funny and interesting. A lot of them are dull. And a lot of them are neither. Understand that these guys have to deal with things that the average person couldn 8767 t imagine. Many of these are difficult and sometimes disturbing. And odds are, one of the reasons his time with you means so much to him is because it 8767 s one of the few times he can get away from that life. So my advice? Don 8767 t bring it up. If he wants to talk about his life in the Army, be it the crazy times with the guys in his unit, the tedium of the everyday, or even the tougher times, let him be the one to broach the subject. My boyfriend and I have plenty to talk about, from video games to the funny cashier at the grocery store, and I never bring up the Army to any extent greater than asking him how his day went. And when he does let me in on the other things, I try to listen and not pry.
I 8767 m assuming if you 8767 re falling for this, you 8767 ve never been in a military town. Go downtown in a military town to a club one night and let me know how many single soldiers are there looking for the love of their exactly what their goal is. And when you 8767 re thousands of miles away from each other, he doesn 8767 t have the opportunity to sleep with you. So the point would be???
He has only been gone for 9 weeks and its already starting to tear me apart. I haven 8767 t received any letters. And I 8767 ve only spoken to him once, for 7 minutes. I finally got his address from his parents the week before and I 8767 ve written him 5 letters. And still nothing. I know that its not his fault. Maybe the mail screwed it up, or the Army hasn 8767 t sent them out yet. I 8767 m unsure and that 8767 s the hardest part. Not knowing is the hardest part.
5. Don 8767 t be afraid to take the lead. Yes, we all know that a man who takes charge is appealing. But a military man spends most of his time having other people telling him where to go, when to be there, and how to be dressed. Truth be told, it 8767 s hard for them to turn this off. That coupled with the stress and exhaustion that comes with Army life can make it hard for him to spend lots of time planning things for the two of you to do together. Now, this does NOT mean you should boss him around. But he 8767 ll probably appreciate it if you do a share of the date-planning. Choose the restaurant, make the reservations, pre-order the tickets. If you make the effort once in a while, then he can sit back, relax, and enjoy the evening you planned.
~ Keep yourself you keep yourself busy you 8767 re not going to think about it so much. Start a hobby like start working out so when he comes back you 8767 ll have a bangin 8767 body! lol That 8767 s what I 8767 m doing lol work on a project at the house or for your career do something positive for yourself that will benefit you so your focus is elsewhere and you can gain from it and it will also show him that you are ok be by yourself and he doesn 8767 t have to worry that much about leaving you alone because he will know that you have your own thing and you can handle yourself too.
Things that I have learned and figured out so far about being an Army Girlfriend:
~Trust him trust him that when he says he loves you and only you believe that he means he goes out with his buddies don 8767 t think about how all these girls maybe throwing themselves at him or hitting on him, trust him to know that if that happens he will walk away or call you or say that he is taken and not interested because he is thinking the same thing when you go out with your friends
I 8767 ve read some stories that made me laugh. I 8767 ve read some that made me jealous because the author 8767 s get to talk to their man a lot more than me. But overall this website it great. It 8767 s encouraging and full of love. I never knew how much it would hurt to not hear my man 8767 s voice. I 8767 m his main priority, besides his son who is too to call ha, so I know every free second would go to me first. But he hasn 8767 t had many of those. I 8767 m fine being alone and having more free time to do the things I like. But I am so in love with this man. He is the only person on this earth who can make me feel. I just can 8767 t wait until I get him back.
Stay strong..Army Strong 😉
6. He is in a special operations unit and therefore cannot share any information with you. It 8767 s true that special ops guys can 8767 t discuss their job but that also means they don 8767 t tell random strangers they 8767 re in special ops. My husband was special ops. When we would go out with a bunch of guys from his unit and people would ask what they did, they simply replied they were in the Army. Special ops guys don 8767 t brag about it. They 8767 re known as 8775 quiet professionals 8776 for a reason.